Thank you for your interest in helping San Diego Canyonlands. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions about the volunteer opportunities in this list (619-284-9399).
Earn School Community Service Credit!
Students and others can earn Community Service Credits by participating in SDCL cleanup/restoration events. Click for more information.
1. Routine Monthly Volunteer Events
See our Volunteer Sign-Up Calendar for Routine Events. Get involved with invasive weed removal, cleanup, and native plant restoration efforts!
2. Other Volunteer Opportunities
You don't just have to get your hands dirty in a canyon to help out! We can always use volunteer assistance for such work as:
- Flyer Distribution & Other Outreach
- Truck/Hauling Services (make pick-ups and runs to landfill)
- Landscape Professionals: Restoration Planning Skills, QAC-certified herbicide sprayers, Chain Saw certification, Chipper
- Event Write-ups for Newsletter
- Administration: Filing, Office Organizing, Etc.
- Legal Support: General support, Environmental Regulations, CEQA, etc.
- Bookkeeping Support: QuickBooks for Non-Profits
- Tax Reporting Services, CPA
Interns form an integral part of our programs. We offer university internships where students gain applied work experience in:
- Restoration Ecology
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Mapping
- Stewardship Group Building (Community Organizing)
- Landscape Architecture
- City/Urban Planning