The Mission of San Diego Canyonlands is to promote, protect and restore the natural habitats in San Diego County canyons and creeks by fostering education and ongoing community involvement in stewardship and advocacy, and by collaborating with other organizations.
Local groups of volunteers are actively engaged in sustainable grassroots stewardship of canyons and creeks throughout San Diego County.
- San Diego Canyonlands is providing essential services: catalyst for grassroots community organizing infrastructure, Education, inspiration, and encouragement, research / advocacy toward dedication of the San Diego Regional Canyonlands Park
- Friends Groups are providing ongoing local ownership
- Students are actively enjoying nature classrooms
- Communities are providing volunteers to restore, protect, and advocate for their local canyon
- The San Diego Canyons Coalition is sharing resources and enabling effective advocacy
- High Water Quality
- San Diego Native Biodiversity
- Nature Classrooms
- Recreational Opportunities
- Collaboration of Communities